How do I calculate my hourly rate as a freelancer?

What is the maximum number of hours that I can work for my employer?

Can I work weekends?

What if I don’t have a stable income?

What are my rights as an employee?

Do I have to pay taxes on my income?

I recently became a parent. Can I be considered an employee on the basis of that new parental role?

Can I apply for temporary work work permits?

Do I need a CPL?

Is it OK for me to work with children in my business?

I’m an undocumented immigrant working for a family-owned business. Can I work with children in my business?

What’s for dinner?

How much of my salary can be spent on social services?

Does my salary include pension payments?

I’d like to use my salary to buy a car. What else should it include?

Where do I begin?

You start your search by researching each position and answering all your questions as honestly as possible. Your profile should contain no inaccurate information. You’ll also be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement stating your agreement to not disclose or talk about your job details publicly.

How long do I stay in a job for?
An error occurred on android but can still play youtube videos ...

You can stay in a job for as long as is reasonably needed due to your skill set and professional experience.

What are my rights as a client or employer? (The legal rights of clients of lawyers are explained elsewhere.)

You can expect to find information as to your client’s rights as an employer within our website. It includes your employee rights, such as employment standards and minimum wages. Contact the Attorney General’s Office for your legal rights, rights as a client and other areas of legal concern.

Am I entitled to employment insurance?

You probably were covered by an employment insurance plan during your employment. However, you must pay your share of the cost when you retire. Most private employers have been able to meet the requirements to qualify for retirement coverage through the federal government’s (Department of Labor) EITC. Contact the Attorney General’s Office for further information.

If you are disabled, what are the federal and state government assistance programs you are entitled to receive?

If you have a disability, you probably can qualify for public assistance. These programs include food stamps, Medicaid, work activities assistance, housing allowances and low-interest loans. Many of these programs also provide assistance or benefits for veterans