(You may look cute with a belly dance outfit. You may be the hottest!) The following is based on information on the American College of Sports Medicine body proportions survey (2004) (http://www.sportsmedicine.com/pdf/body_measurement.pdf), and based on measurements from other sites:
• Waist: 29 inches > 34 inches
• Chest: 31 inches > 35 inches > 38 inches
• Waist-to-chest cut: 38 inches > 40 inches > 42 inches
• Waist-to-length cut: 37 inches > 40 inches > 42.5 inches
The ideal number of measurements from the waist to the top of the hip that provide the absolute lowest amount of fat in the body is 36.
• Women should have at least 14 measurements which include the hip and waist measurements and three more measurements in the body from the neck to the top of the rib cage.
• Men should have at least 12 measurements which include the hip and waist measurements and three more measurements in the body from the neck to the top of the rib cage.
• Men and women may use different types of belts to measure the same part of the body.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 866-348-9123; you can also send your question and a photo of yourself (which are very important to us!) to
If you choose to wear a belly dance outfit for fun… You must be 21 to wear this type of dance for a public dance!
To learn more about belly dancing, check this page:
Please keep in mind for all of the information on this page that I am a professional belly dancer, who is in the business of helping people become healthier and better looking. I do not claim that any of what I have told you is the only way to have a beautiful figure or to be as healthy as you can be. Just like any other part of your body, not all body parts are created equal or even equally. Many of these factors are very personal, and so all of this information may not be the best way to approach these various issues. I ask that you keep in mind that every person should be treated with respect, and you are not obligated to follow these instructions to the letter. If any of this information makes you feel uncomfortable or uncomfortable at all, I hope you will be more comfortable with this page and its contents.
As always, if you
belly dancing near me, professional belly dancers, purpose of belly dancing, belly dancing history, ballet dance drawing